oil filter stuff

To: "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filter stuff
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:46:25 -0500
Well, the (4) Carquest 85084 filters I ordered came in.  They are definitely
a Wix  (Store manager showed me)  I was REALLY impressed with the outside
appearance and weight, so... I said what the heck and pulled out my
portaband and cut it in half longways (I know, why waste the $5.00, but I
have done worse, don't ask)  I have never cut one in half before, pretty
cool.  Then I cut a Fram that I had lying around.  The difference was night
and day.  I don't claim to know all the specifics, but the quality and shear
mass of the components sure make it so I will never buy another FRAM if I
can find a Wix.  I'll put one of my other 85084 on the spit and see how it
does.

Bill
78 Spit.

Regardless of what you think, it was fun to look inside the filter!

Thanks very much to whoever you were that pointed me to the Carquest filter!