Re: Car ID

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car ID
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:14:24 -0700
Hey -- a couple listers picked up on the first email that the cars were
*Triumphs* --
I would think if you were actually looking at the car, which is what I
gathered the original poster was, one would notice the badging that would
say either TR4, TR250.  If there wasn't any badging how would one know it
was even a Triumph (unless you knew what it was in the first place?) -
Besides (maybe in error) I read it to mean another VEHICLE, not necessarily
another Triumph
>Anyone recommend the TR4/5/250 instead of all these wild
>guesses?  They look like a bigger Spit to someone who isn't that
>familiar with them (I know one person who thought a TR4 was a Spit)and
they have fins. . .
Sorry, not trying to be inflammatory, but to say early TR's had "fins" is
[just in my very humble opinion], stretching it a tad.  To say any big TR
looks like a Spitfire is kinda like my mother saying, and I love her
dearly, "I saw a car like yours today".  That is to say, that it was some
shade of red. . .;-)

72 FI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)