Re: Dang furrin carz!

To: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: Dang furrin carz!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:59:08 -0400 ()
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, ralph.jannelli wrote:

> Actually I would like to find a Fairthrope most any model. But there are not
> many in the US

I don't want to talk about the Fairthorpe Electron Minor I let get away so
many years ago. Too sad (long story short: car ultimately burned in barn
fire -- did nothing at all good for that little tiny fibreglas body).
Fortunately, thanks to the owner who'd not gotten around to selling me the
car, I at least have the owner's manual and a sales brochure. (And yes,
Ralph, I still will send you a copy when I find it; it's packed away
still!) And there was a Fairthorpe dealer in the Albany, NY, area in the
early 1960s.

Meanwhile, John Suchak wrote:

> > Holy Arcanum!
> >
> > Wow, I'm amazed (although I apparently shouldn't be, in *this* crowd) at
> > how many of y'all know about the Daimler Dart!!....

John, paLEEZE! Never say Daimler Dart. It really upsets the [Daimler
{although not really the same Daimler}]Chrysler people when you say
"Dart"; call the car "SP250" in the U.S.! ;-)

--Andy

p.s. I'm with Bill Kelly; I think it was a Herald that was the second
Triumph spotted!