Complacency

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Complacency
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:52:07 -0600
Don't get complacent with your Spitfires!

        When my wife and I used to go out in the Spit, she'd take a 500
page novel and I'd take the Haynes manual.  When (not if) something went
wrong, she'd read the novel and I'd read the Haynes in one hand while
fixing the problem.

        Lately the Spit has been behaving so well I leave the Haynes at
home, and Wendy has started leaving the novel home.  Only yesterday she
commented on how well the Spit was running!

        Wouldn't you know it - yesterday was hot and while motoring
around the city the Spit lost all power.  I coasted into a parking lot -
no shade anywhere.  While Wendy sat patiently, I unpluggged the fuel
line and filter.  After several mouthfulls of rust, water and dirt we
were on our way a little less complacent.

        Then last night on another run to the city I noticed the signal
lights weren't working.  Checked the fuse - OK.  Today I'll start the
wire and terminal checking routine.

I guess that's the Laws of British Cars (LBC's).
Don't get too complacent with your Spits!

Cheers, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths
Calgary, Canada