Re: Oil Filters

To: foglew@hotmail.com, alfapete@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Oil Filters
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:13:33 PDT
apoligies I may have sent this twice:

I have a NAPA gold 1521 on my MkIV.  I do remember there were two filters
listed when I looked it up last fall in the book, one being taller than the
other.  The NAPA gold is made by Wix and simply one of the best filters out
there, IMHO.  Walt's number would be a 1312 in the gold line 21312 in the
silver, and 51312 if you have a local Wix dealor.  I believe the 55 Walt has
on his number is a packaging code meaning it was bought in bulk (wo/ a box
maybe?)

Even though I am quite biased (4th generation NAPA store owner)I have seen
some very impressive data on the filtering capacities of Wix filters.  The
NASCAR select filters that they put out (available at NAPA and other places)
are even better.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire