Pittsburgh Vintage gran Prix

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage gran Prix
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:23:47 -0400
Well it's been a real pain trying to log in here from
Pittsburgh in the Hotel (I usually sign on from Baltimore MD)
but I just had to let you all know of the wonderous sites
I have encountered today.
Over 51 B's, 37 Spits, 27 TR3's,31 Mini's, only one GT6,
lutus, land rovers...man o man... all on the same show field!
over 2100 cars on the same show field ALL BRITISH
Lotus even had a few of their future cars on display.

Today was the time trials.
The Vintage Gran Prix (17th? running) iss thru the
city park! The close off public roads.
I had a front row seat right next to a barrier for photography
and video recording (The trun marshalls liked my lady freind
and let us both right up at the wall!
o man what a day.
We were right at a hairy S/hairpin turn ...they had to slow way down
to make it around the public stree corner...
but they were all doing it at 50+mph
...nothing like watching an MGA outcorner a 1934 Turner
or a Morgan 4+4 at 45-60 mph
lotus, morgans, Turners, alfa, bozwell, merc, pre-war race cars
my heart's still in my throat.
It's nearly un believeable to see a REAL Jag SS100 being run
full tilt around a race track.
Although  just the trail ...tomarrow is the real races.
I'll have alot of pictures on my web site for all to see

good night all
Paul Tegler from VPGP race week.
wizardz@toad.net