poly-bushings

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: poly-bushings
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

boy, what a weekend!  last week, i recieved my poly bushing set
from Brtish Parts NW, and installed them friday night.  I also
installed an anti-sawy bar in the rear.  man, what a difference
in handling!  the bushings provide a much smoother ride than the
rubber ones i had in there, and the sway bar makes the car want
to just attack the corners.  one of the improvements i would
reccomend to anyone wanting a little extra push from thier
engine should try installing the poly bushings for thier
differential.  when i first took the car out for a test drive,
it took a little while to learn to use the clutch a little
better because the tires would spin a little at every start.
and the sway bar really keeps the back end in place.  the back
end doesn't seem to roll half as much as without it.  the sway
bar i used is one i ordered from moss a number of years ago, but
i mounted it useing Heim joints connected to the radius arm
bolts at the outer axel up-rights.  worked out ok, except the
muffler needed to be mounted about 1" lower.  ground clearance
is still ok.  i drove the car all weekend without any problems
and a big grin on my face!

happy motoring!

===
nikolai jaremka