Re: HELP!! Tranny tunnel cover problem! - RESOLVED!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP!! Tranny tunnel cover problem! - RESOLVED!
From: bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:30:06 -1000
Listers (spitsters, spitlisters or whatever we're being called today!),

I'd like to thank Joe Curry, Nick Mosley, Barry Swartz and Phil Johnson for
the quick responses to my question on the tunnel covering.  They were able
to point me in the right direction in order to get the problem resolved.  Joe
may have had the easiest solution but in this case to late.

He told me that when he installed the OD in his car all he did was raise the
rear of the engine higher so that he had clearance to slide the tranny into the
cluch/flywheel.  Apparently what was typically done by Triumph was to cut
the sheet metal back a few inches which enlarged the opening for the
tranny/od to drop down into.

I'll be able to see the actual work that was done in a couple of weeks.  At
that time I can see for myself what brought this all about!

Anyway, thanks guys.  The help was truely appreciated!

Brad

http://www.141.com/triumphs