New Kid on the List

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Kid on the List
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:03:22 EDT
Hi Gang.  Bill Miller turned me onto the list, so I'm currently eavesdropping
on all the mail.  Bill suggested I should introduce myself:
        Scott Bailey of Phoenix, AZ.  Proud owner of "Hobbs," a guardsman
blue 77 Spitfire in pretty nice shape for a daily driver.
Two quick notes:
        1) Picked up a Weber downdraft w/ Cannon intake, and a brand new
header w/ 1-into-2 monza exhaust.  Since I'm mechanically illiterate, if any
of you are in the Phoenix area and would like to ride shotgun on the
installation (especially regarding the Weber), I'd be outrageously
appreciative and even supply the cold beer.
        2) Since Hobbs is not a stock resto (mag wheels, Maaco paint, 74
engine and dash) I decided to dress up the interior by installing wood door
panels.  Picked up smooth birch paneling and stained it with Honey Maple so
it matches the dash pretty close.  Trimmed it with black rubber door edge
guard from the auto parts store.  Not sure how it will hold up over time, but
it sure looks sweet!
        Glad to be part of the team.  Happy motoring!  Scott