DPO

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: DPO
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:13:20 -0500
I swear I will never understand why people won't leave good enough alone !
The stupid guy that owned my LBC before I did thought he knew better than
anyone and moved all the wiring for the dash to the area where the radio
was.  He moved the wiper controls, and lights to a home made panel that
included an amp guage and a piece of s**t digital clock.  It has two toggle
switches that did god knows what and he used the little pig tail things you
get at the boat shop to wire your tail lights up to a trailer to make quick
disconnects.  The quick disconnects are not that bad of an idea but the
idiot didn't make any allowances for the colors.  He wrapped about two rolls
of electric tape around all the connections where he had hooked the pig
tail.  I was trying to figure out the colors and just happened to look under
the tape and I found the regular wire and colors that I had been searching
for.  The guy has bypassed the entire wiper switch, I don't know if one of
the two rocker switches operated the wipers, IT'S A DAMN MESS !
I did make myself a little tester and found out that the headlights work,
the wiper motor works, I haven't gotten to the rear lights yet. They are
probably wired to the door handles !

Thanks for letting me vent !

I have an open invitation to anyone that wants to run to Mauldin SC to eat a
big steak and drink their choice adult beverage if they can help figure this
out .

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323
Fax 864/234-1020