Re: carb - (ZS tuning problems)

To: "Bob Sykes" <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: carb - (ZS tuning problems)
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:03:31 -0700
This is good advice, much needed.  Its a 76 1500 with the US spec Stromberg
CD.  I tried the propane trick but with so much fan air moving around it
didn't do anything - or there are no leaks.  I'll try the carb cleaner
routine.  I suspect the EGR carb port is blocked by the gasket and/or
insulator block.  Sure is a pain the put the nuts back on.
The choke control is the water type and I operated it without the water
chamber mounted.  I noticed it got richer (as viewed with ColorTune) when I
operated the control manually.
During the rebuild the main needle was reset more flush than before - down.
Maybe I should have left it.
Seems like without a CO meters its basically guessing.

Ps