Re: Manifold Studs

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Dean Rayner" <DeanR@saville.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Manifold Studs
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:11:16 +0100
Stainless Steel rusts anyway, at thoes temperatures, anyway you will find
them welding.

I have in my back pocket three studs, same size and shape as the orriginals.
3 new brass nuts, and I am also going to put on spring washers, big ones so
when they rust to the studs I can get a screwdriver and hammer and them off.

I am going to try penitrating oil on the studs to startwith, unforunatly I
have run out of plus gas and am using somthing half as good, still 10 times
better than old WD40.

Anyway as for heating it, I supose I could try starting the engin for a bit,
might be abit loud though, wake the dead I think infact.

James