Re: Brake lines

To: dmitchel@ford.com
Subject: Re: Brake lines
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:43:52 -0700
Doug writes:

> Does anyone know what the difference is in the brake lines
> between the early and late Square tail cars?
[...]

When the brake m/c went from the "large cap" to the smaller cap
variety (1976?) all of the fitting sizes changed.  Master cyl and
PDWA (in & out) fittings are all different, as are the tubing bits.
The latter fittings I believe are metric, but I never measured them.

I was able to fit an early type tandem m/c to '79 Spit by changing
out everything (m/c, PDWA & tubing sections) above the first set
of "inline" fittings.  Once you get down to the bottom of the
bulkhead, the "T" fitting (for front brakes) and the "inline"
fitting (where the single line goes to the back of the car) are
the same for early & late square tails.

Hope this helps,
Bob

--