Re: Front Wing

To: Trspit1500@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Wing
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:26:13 -0500

Mike,

>I just had to go through the biggest hassle to change my oil.
>Since I don't have jack stands I used ramps, it worked fine, but
>I had to take the front wing off so it wouldn't scrape the ramps.

When I first got my Spitfire, it took a little searching but I was able to
find an oil pan that would fit under the engine without raising the car up
at all. Now oil changes are a snap. If you can't find one small enough, you
might even just buy a plastic oil pan that is too tall and cut it down.
Remember that it needn't hold very much liquid. Heck, even a disposable
aluminum baking pan could work. Seems easier than taking your car apart! :)

Hope this helps,
Eric.

-----
Eric Yates