Re: air pump (backfiring)

To: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Subject: Re: air pump (backfiring)
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:29:32 -0400
Ted Schumacher wrote:

> actually, we are both probably correct. since i ahve not heard your
> backfire, i cannot comment on loud vs violent vs a satisfying burble
> _there ain't no such thing as slightly pregnant -

A couple of years ago I was re-jetting the carbs on my (sadly former)
Suzuki GSXR750 (after installing a Yoshimura pipe) and in exasperation
I turned to a local race shop for help...  The guy who set them up for
me did it almost entirely by the "sound" of the motor.  He was looking
for a "ballsy but not fat" sound on WOT and "snappy pops" on decel..
Definately not a "bang" sound, more like a nasty crackling burble..

(The bike was pretty much Full Goose Bozo from then on, so it seems he
was right...)

Off on a tangent,

JS