Re: break in oil

To: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>,
Subject: Re: break in oil
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:07:20 +0100
I used a standard Unipart 20w50 oil for running in, then chainged to a 15W50
after the first 500 miles, chainging the oil filter.  The main thing to
chainge the oil AND filter at 500 miles.  I also know that any oil you
should use when your running in should not be advanced or have anything to
make it slippy.

I am on my way to 2500 miles, 2000 since the first oil chainge.

When you run in you want to wear the tight engin in all the right places.

Don't use synthetic when running in, don't use a cheap oil.  Use an
expensive plain oil, you can get running in oils at a machine shop.  I
personly didn't use assembly lube, I used plain oil.

The other thing is red line is out untill at least 1500 miles.

Read thers no shuch thing as snake oil on the VTR web site.

It's up to you!

James