Weber Decision

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Decision
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:19:59 -0500
I've decided to bite the bullet and install a 2bbl Weber to replace my twin SUs
on my DPO-modified Mark IV. This is after a frustrating 2 evenings worth of
trying to get them to work together. I now have great idle but missing at
everything above idle and no power. I've tried to follow both the Bentley and
Haynes tuning procedures, but I think at least one carb is in need of a
rebuild.

I'm going to try the Performance Parts Warehouse (www.webercarburetors.com).
Anyone on the list have firsthand experience with them? Assuming this works out,
I'll have a pair of SUs (tag number AUD 257R and E) and MkIII intake manifold
for sale or trade.

Bob Waid
71 Spitfire FK4081L