alternator question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: alternator question
From: "Greg Adams" <greg@cmc.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:08:49 -0700
I need to hook up the alternator in my spit-6 autocrosser.  All the original
wiring is long since gone (removed hastily with no notes on where anything
goes - oops)  I have one of the Lucas alternators with the three connector
plug-in.  It has the black plastic cover on the back.

Joe Curry tells me this is an internally regulated alternator-he said he
would look at the wiring on his car for me but he is understandably busy
with his move, and I would like to get it hooked up so I can go racing this
weekend.

I looked at the wiring diagrams on the web page that someone posted (very
nice, BTW), but they appear to have a two wires coming from alternator, and
one of them goes to a "control box", whatever that is (regulator??)

I don't claim to know how this stuff works, but I can hook wires up if I
know what needs to be connected to what.  Anyone out there have some ideas?

Thanks, Greg Adams