Re: Hand brake handle

To: "Eric Kieboom" <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>, "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: Re: Hand brake handle
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 07:53:25 -0400
> >I am working on re-doing all of my interior and I am stuck on my hand
> >brake.  How do you get the hand brake handle off so you can take off and
> >replace the vinyl boot??
>
> The use of a hairdryer to 'soften it up', combined with some force works
> wonders.
>
> Eric Kieboom
> The Netherlands
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/spit/spit.html

Black and Decker make a Hot Air Gun that looks and works like a hair dryer
... only much hotter. A great tool for this and other similar jobs. They
have a scraper attachment for softening and removing paint...I've never
used it, but I have used mine to soften up undercoating (pretty hard and
messy after 25 years!), soften up ABS pipe for removal from fittings, heat
shrink wrappings, etc. Very handy.

Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart