Re: top [was interior] colors

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: top [was interior] colors
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <ktkenyon@borg.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:18:55 -0400
I've heard that some of these cars were registered by the year it was sold
and not the year it was made.  I've been told, several times, that they
made an '81 Spit but
'80 was the last year.  Their car was bought and registered in mid '81 so
it was called an '81.

Don't you just love the DMV?  Now if anyone there could tell me the
procedure in NY for getting a title to a vehicle when you don't know the
name of the previous title holder...

At 07:21 AM 5/20/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Love those white topped round tails!!!
>
>SOmetimes the DMV does need explaining. A friend of mine just got a '76
>Spit-he's puzzled because on the door plate, it says "Aug.'76"-but on the
>registration it says '77.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Laura G. and Nigel

Kirby T. Kenyon