Re: Auto-x wheels and tires

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>,
Subject: Re: Auto-x wheels and tires
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:09:26 -0400
Paul, I've been in the SCCA for 10 years, mostly doing Solo events. For
wheels, get a set of TR7 wheels. They fit and are 5 1/2" wide. As for
tires, if you're serious, get a set of Hoosier R25 tires.

If you can, get a set of aluminum wheels because they will simply work
better. Another source for tires is to go to a road race near you and
see if you can buy the take offs that the guys with lots of sponsor
money use to qualify on. Sometimes you can get good deals from the
Hoosier guys. There is also a gentleman named John Berget who sells used
Goodyear tires. He can be reached at (414) 740-0180. I have bought
slicks from him. Don't know about treaded tires though. Good luck!
--
                                           __
                                          /  \

http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080