Back axle and brakes...

To: "spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back axle and brakes...
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:22:32 +0100
Have started removing and renovating the back axle of Reg the 1500...
After drilling out too many nuts to mention I have a few questions to
ask...
    1) How can the rear brakes work when the rear wheel cylinder
apparently only acts on one shoe?
     Is the rest achieved by telekinsis?
    2) The hydraulic lines to the rear brakes seems to take a strange
route compared to that in the works manual. The flexible hose connects
from a bracket on the rear of the rear cross-member to a bracket on the
rear of drum-brake back plate. A solid pipe then connects this to the
slave cylinder taking the longest possible route around the back of the
drum brake. The manual seems to show a direct connection between the
flexible hose and slave... Which is right?
    3) If I don't want to have a repeat of the trouble undoing corroded
nuts is there an antisieze compound I can use on the brake connections
safetly?

Thanks in advance for any help..
Cheers
Tim