Re: Excess parts for sale

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Subject: Re: Excess parts for sale
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 16:07:09 -0700
Keith,
Of course, you are correct.  In fact I knew there were differences.  I
think the GT6 seats are truncated on the side of the tunnel and the rest
of the cushion is included in the console upholstery.  But I think the
frames are the same.  Can somebody tell me if that assumption is
correct?

Regards,
Joe

"Keith R. Stewart" wrote:

> Joe Curry writes:
> >
> > A friend has a number of Spitfire/GT6 parts he wants to unload quick.
> > The following is a short list and he says he will look and get a more
> > complete list as he gets a little more time.  If you see anything you
> > are interested in please make an offer.
> >
> > 1. A set of High back seats from a GT6.  These have good frames and I
> > think are the same as on the late Mk3 Spit.  He may actually have 2 pair
> > of seats!
> >
> Not so...they will bolt in and therefore are useable, but the frames are
> different and the vinyl/leather pattern is different...as I found out when
> I bought a set of GT6 seats under the same impression, and when I started
> to rebuild them, discovered the foams, straps and frames were all silightly
> different.
>
> Cheers
> Keith
>
>     _       _
>    | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
>    |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
>    |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
>    | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
>    | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
>    | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
>  __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
>   \ R I U M P /

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer