Re: Cylinder Head Removal

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Removal
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:29:00 EST
Bob,

Been there, done that.  When I removed my head, I found that it really did not
want to come off.  I ended up removing all the head studs.  Then, using a 2x4
a couple feet long and a large hammer placed the 2x4 against the head and hit
the other end with the hammer.  A couple good hits and it loosened up enough
to remove it with my hands.  With the head studs out I didn't have to worry
about damaging them and it allowed the head a bit of sideways motion instead
of just upward.

Hope this helps,
David Gates