Re: auto dimming welding helmet

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: auto dimming welding helmet
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:03:40 -0500
At 06:17 PM 10/30/98 -0600, Brad Kahler wrote:
>I just got my auto dimming welding mask today.  Gave it a quick try a little
>while ago for the first time.  WOW, talk about a difference.  I am totally
>amazed at how well those things work.  Its so nice to start the arc while
still
>looking at the spot you're welding.  [---]  If you do any amount of
welding and you don't have one I highly
>recommend it.

Those things got a good word from "Shadetree Mechanic" too.

They must work on the same principal as the auto-dimming rearview mirror on
the car we just purchased...very nice!   No reflections or out-of-place
reflections either.   Ain't technology Wunnerful!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(57 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98