Re: Leaky Header Woes - Thanks

To: Spitfriends <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Leaky Header Woes - Thanks
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:44:43 -0800
Worldly Scions,

Thanks to all those who replied about my Quick Trip header
difficulties.  It appears that there a quite a few of you who
have had the same problem with these.  "Quick-Buck" might
be a more appropriate product name.  I got my "other" Spit
back today from my Dad, who has been driving it for 3 weeks
while visiting from the UK.  This car has a similar header
that fits perfectly with plenty of frame clearance.  I made
some comparison measurements and confirmed that the problem
is with the "new" header.  The motor is aligned just as it
should be.

FWIW Dad put close to 1K miles on Spit #2 all with the top
down (Dad's 67).  He said he enjoyed the car immensely, but
it was too noisy the one time he drove it with the top up.

--
Bob Sykes

"Alchohol and calculus do not mix.  Please don't drink and derive."