RE: whats that on my prop shaft! HELP

To: "'KEVIN EDDINS'" <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: RE: whats that on my prop shaft! HELP
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:55:59 -0700
Kevin,

My '77 has the same thing. I had to have my prop shaft shortened to install
an O/D so I took it to a drive shaft place for the shortening, balancing,
painting, and new u-joint (all for $80). They cringed when they saw the CV
joint and left it alone. They said they don't rebuild those, that when you
take them apart you never get them right again. They said if it ever gave me
trouble, they'd replace it with some sort of spline type thing. So if it's
something THEY don't want to touch, I would advise you to leave it alone.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B