exterior badges and update

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: exterior badges and update
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:52:03 PDT
Hello all.  I just got my shipment from Rimmer Bros.  (one week free
carriage arrived by UPS today) Among other things that I really needed
(like a new Lucas master cylinder) I went and got some new Spitfire IV
badges for my bonnet and rear quarter panel.

As is I have no badge on my bonnet and my rear one is quite faded.  The
replacements look very nice but they have these two posts coming out the
back on each end.  I didn't expect these posts.  I figured they were
applied with that thick two sided tape stuff.  Sooo how are these things
applied?  Do I drill some holes in my panels?

This weekend I 'plan' on getting the spit back on the road.  Its been
couped up in the garage with no brakes for the last two weeks during the
most wonderful weather here in Southern VA.  Tom. I'll sandblast and
powdercoat my MC mounting bracket and get that back on the car.  With
working brakes I can drive over to my friends place where we can lift
the car and swap the differentials.  Then the real fun begins!

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire (waiting to be let out of its cell)