Re:GT6 engine in a spit

To: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2),
Subject: Re:GT6 engine in a spit
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:54:56 -0400
At 10:12 AM 10/18/98, Bowen, Patrick A. RP2 wrote:
>  I have been thinking about a Chevy
>2.8L, but am encouraged by the Buick 3.8L, It is bigger than I really need
>(no duh) but the inexpensive cost (rebuilt long block and heads $699 from
>PepBoys) and the availability of parts is a most definite plus.

Patrick,
 FYI, the Buick 3.8 is a 90 degree vee design; the 2.8 is a 60 degree and
as a result, more compact.

More food for thought:

Check this website out, it shows a Mitsu 2.0 liter turbo engine in a Spit.
In an Eclipse, those things are good for 210 HP!!!

http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay/spitfires/spit2000.htm

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(57 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98