Happy Spitfire Now With an O/D!

Subject: Happy Spitfire Now With an O/D!
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:49:53 -0700
Listers,

Well I finally finished installing the O/D (along with a half dozen other
projects) and took it out for it's first "real" drive. Mechanically,
everything worked perfectly! The O/D was wonderful in both 3rd and 4th gear.
The new stereo sounds great (and no problem hearing only rear speakers with
top down at high freeway speeds). There are a couple of problems I'll be
following up with (speedo doesn't seem to be correct, and I no longer seem
to have any rear lights). But those are only details, it's way too nice just
driving around the twisting and hilly roads around the Rosebowl and
listening to some good ol' Grateful Dead blaring from the CD!

One point I needed to follow up on: I had to shorten my driveshaft (the type
w/ the CV joint in front) by 3/4". The cost for that and balancing and a new
U-joint was $80. If anyone wants more details on the O/D installation or
stereo installation or carpet installation or clutch slave cylinder
installation,  just lemme know.

So I may back later looking for advice on the few remaining problems, but
for now ---- BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!!

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (finally smiling at me)
62 TR3B (undergoing it's out of body experience)