RE: dies on a hill - again!

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: dies on a hill - again!
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 17:58:42 -0400
In 1968 I owned a 1964 Spit.  A new grad I had taken a job 250 miles from
my parents home.  Driving up the nearly new I81 the car was harder and
harder to keep up to speed, finally I had to pull over.  After a lot of
road side work I (a story in itself) I traced the lack of fule all the way
to the tank.  There was a big bug in the tank that had gotten water (gas)
logged and settled in the fuel tap.  A trip that I will remember forever.
Not often you get to almost completely disassemble a spit along side I81.

Sam