Oil, Smoke, dip stick

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil, Smoke, dip stick
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:48:46 -0400
I think and hope that most of you are correct with the pressurizing of
the crank case thought.  It has been my thought as well.  The problem
started with the addition of a DGV carb.  The question is of the
correct place to attach the hose coming from the valve cover.  I put a
hose to charcoal canister and put a vent facing backwards to try and
'pull' the fumes out of the valve cover.  This works up to about 4.5k
rmps.  Last night I thought I would do something smart and pull the
fumes into the air cleaner of the carb.  This is what I thought
(remember) the directions saying.  I think I will go back the charcoal
canister and try to make a better vent that will pull a better vacuum.
 Any better ideas???

TIA

Dave C