Re: Where does this wire go ??

To: "David Stevely" <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Where does this wire go ??
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:40:17 -0400
Hi David
My 1970 Spitfire MarkIII also has a dynamo. The wiring harness in the
engine compartment has two spade connectors going to the dynamo (Brown with
yellow tracer and Brown with green tracer) and one spade connector going to
the front of the engine to pick up the coolant temperature sensor in the
thermostat housing (Green with blue tracer). This wire is encased in a
black sleeve, but is longer than 8" and ends in a spade connector to attach
to the coolant temperature sensor. Lower down on the wiring harness, there
is one other wire that exits to the engine block below the distributor and
picks up a sensor there ( White with brown tracer)...probably the oil
sensor. I can see no black wire with a bullet connector. Black wires (if
original) usually are ground wires. Is the mystery wire colour coded inside
that black casing or is the coating black?

Hope this is some help.

Cheers
Keith Stewart