Re: GT6 vacum advance problem

To: Robb_Tones@bc.sympatico.ca, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 vacum advance problem
From: GT6in@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:54:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/98 8:24:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Robb_Tones@bc.sympatico.ca writes:

> I have a 1971 GT6 MK3 (block #KF1338HE)that appears to have a vacum advance
>  distributor, but no ports on either carb or manifold.  By the manuals and
>  Vicky Brit parts lists, it all appears stock.  It has dual ZS carbs, 3384R
>  and 3384L, manifold 311749 V3235DDI, and distributor D204 799 2101 (AC
Delco)
> .
>  Any idea what could be going on here?  Do these numbers seem right, or have
>  there been changes made?

  According to the Haynes carb techbook your carb numbers are correct.  I
don't recall the mk3 manifold being different from the + as far as extra vacum
inlets and outlets besides the the big hole in the middle.  I wouldn't trust
the vikibrit catalog because I have Mk1 GT6 carbs according to my Haynes book.
But somehow my carbs have temperature compensators, different choke mechanisms
and a few other variations that the viki brit catalog does not list for Mk1
carbs.  I thought maybe I had a hybrid until I checked the Haynes book and it
was listed as a GT6 emission carb.  I'll see if I can find more on your other
part numbers however.
Tom