Looking for a top.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looking for a top.
From: Andy Warfield <warfiel@gaul.csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 01:27:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hey folks,

        The adventure continues, and the car is now running fairly well
and is frequently on the road on sunny days.  About all that is really
left on the "serious attention list" is the fact that the engine is
burning oil at highway speeds -- I'm thinking it's time to look into some
new rings, and maybe free up a couple of weekends.

        I was able to find a soft top frame, thanks to Fisher Jones... who
really went out of his way to help me out, and was also able to find a
near-pristine (after he cleaned it up, no doubt) vacuum advance.  Fisher
and his wife really exemplify part of why I love working on these cars...
they just wanted to see me on the road. :)

        Anyway, I am looking for an actual top to go over my frame.  I
asked about this a couple of months ago and got a few replies with company
names.  The problem is that all the tops I have found cost around
$200-$350 canadian.  As school starts in about two months, I'm on a bit of
a shoe string and thought I might check the list to see if anyone happened
to have a used/extra top that they would be willing to part with for a
little less than that.

Any help is good help...

        Andy.

---