Re: Clarification (I hope) about the Spin on Oil Filter Tip

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Clarification (I hope) about the Spin on Oil Filter Tip
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 14:21:40 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> Tom,
> Next time you change filters, see if the adapter fits a FRAM PH-16.  If
> it does, you have the same kind of adapter as what comes stock.
> Although as I recall, the stock adapter does not have a hex head fitting
> in the middle.  It doesn't make up tight but just screws in half way and
> had a male portion sticking out onto which fits the filter.
>
> I'd be very interested to know what you find.

The adaptor that is on the car now, which is the one I referenced in my
tip in the Tips Archives, is the same size 3/4" as most of the filters
on the market now. The adaptor that was on the car was 5/8". Don't know
which one was standard but it sure is hard to find a filter to fit the
smaller one. That's why I changed. The WIX book specifically referenced
the larger adaptor which made me think that the smaller one was standard
and the larger one was a modfication.

Tom Shirley  Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080

My Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/510stuff.html

Spitfire FAQs and Tips