Re: new lister...

To: "the jolly rancher..." <njaremka@eng.buffalo.edu>,
Subject: Re: new lister...
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:00:43 -0400
Welcome, Nik.

At 02:27 PM 4/24/98 -0400, the jolly rancher... wrote:

>hey there folks!
>
>my name is nik, and i'm a spitfire owner.

Won't hold that against you here.

>last night, i found out about the spitfire database, and registered my
>car.

Good Man!

 >here's a little about me:
>i've owned my car for about four years now, and i couldn't be happier with
>my investment (even if it may cost me more to restore than what it's
>worth).

It's Chronic, isn't it?

 i am currently a student in buffalo, new york with the intentions
>of graduating next month.  hopefully, i'll be able to start some major
>work on the car then.  ever since i was in grade school, i wanted a
>british sports car.  now that i have one, i'm glad to know that there is
>still people out there that want to keep them running.
>

>some things already done to keep the car on the road:
>
>1) slightly sorted electricals (everything works!!)

A temporary condition only.

>2) rebuilt carb. (original Z.S.)

A man after my own heart.

>3) reman. starter (purchased locally from big name store)

What was wrong with the old one?

>4) personally rebuilt gearbox

Same as (3).   What did you do for the rebuild?   Is it an OD?

>5) new clutch kit

>6) new hood (convertable top)

Put it on yourself?

>7) many small misc. parts...

"Too many new parts to list" is what they say in the ads...

>everything else is all original equipment.

Ooohh, must be a lot of old stuff then.

>it's great to part of a wonderful group of LBC owners...

Thanks, and seriously, what are you thinking about doing to your car?
There is a wealth of experience here on the Spitfire List.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

OPTIMIST: A Spitfire owner who expects his car to run FLAWLESSLY and
fastens his seat belts BEFORE starting his car.