Re: spitty 2nd gear

To: tad <trnelson@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: spitty 2nd gear
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:22:49 -0700
Tad,
The answer lies inside a bigger question.  How handy are you tackling
big jobs with lots of parts to keep track of?  If the answer is
"Not-So", take it to your local lbc mechanic.  If the answer is "So-So",
get yourself a good manual and have at it.  If your answer is "Oh-So",
you can feel comfortable in doing the job yourself.

tad wrote:

> a question for the pros:
>
> i really have to nurse my gear level into 2nd gear when shifting from
> 1st; the gear never slips out, so i'm guessing the synchro might be
> shot...   are these easy to replace or would you recommend taking it to my
> local shop?
>
> i've had the gear-box/trans out several times before and it doesn't look
> like too big of a job....
>
> many thanks
> tad

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer