shotimes

[Shotimes] Re: buncha stupid radio questions

To: "shotimes@autox.team.net" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: buncha stupid radio questions
From: Jason Hartberger <jhartberger@mail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:08:20 -0400
Ok, I answered my own question about the amp. It turns out that the
"logic mute" wire for the stock amp does not serve well enough as a
remote wire to the amp; the logic mute is only +4.5V and the remote
terminal requires a switched 12V wire. So I took one of the many random
LG/LB wires laying about the trunk (switched 12V) and fed that into the
amp. HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP, it's impressive. I had the gain on the amp set a
wee bit too high and literally almost gave myself a nosebleed when I
turned the stereo on. Crunk, yo. I would highly recommend the JL
powerwedge, btw. It's a very nice unit. Fits perfectly in the back of
the trunk.

Jason