Re: [Shop-talk] flood light extension (Steven Trovato)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flood light extension (Steven Trovato)
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com> BqKY4eqi1VqrSdBQu3lkJunRf6VTNnogZGD4AQ64KXeClJs5FRHAkP78Hb7cKIuLPHOGxwke2KghaMLUdZx3LFgQnaCpWp9nRZUvGbWOc0jY+CKQ9NRzziiL ulDqjpqYeCck40BDangP3i+edczMj9g0qXcmh5nCSJLEPytKEqa1lziNfwYNmmZgTWj9koieJFrW3WgTZVI/Qw==
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 00:49:14 -0700

--------------uC7UKNmg9SRVIzy01WcfhKXX

If the wires aren't long enough you can extend it with a piece of
threaded conduit and pipe plus a type C conduit body you can make the
connection in:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-2-in-Rigid-Conduit-Body/3389356

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
markmiller@threeboysfarm.com

> Outside my shop I have a typical flood light with two of these:
>
> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-2-25-in-LED-Gray-Switch-Controlled-Floodlight/3136837
>
> Is there any way to extend the part with the threaded end?  Through
> some bad planning, one of the lights is blocked by the gutter
> downspout.  I would like to extend it out from there.  If the wires
> need to be longer I can figure out how to do that.  Whatever I do
> will have to be suitable for outdoor use.  Moving the downspout would
> be difficult.  I can also relocate the whole light, but some sort of
> extension arm would be the quickest and easiest solution of it is
> possible.  Thanks.
>
> -Steve T.

--------------uC7UKNmg9SRVIzy01WcfhKXX

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      threaded conduit and pipe plus a type C conduit body you can make
      the connection in:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-2-in-Rigid-Conduit-Body/3389356";>https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-2-in-Rigid-Conduit-Body/3389356</a></p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:markmiller@threeboysfarm.com";>markmiller@threeboysfarm.com</a></pre>
      cite="mid:mailman.991.1717520673.11536.shop-talk@autox.team.net">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Outside my shop I have a typical flood
light with two of these:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-2-25-in-LED-Gray-Switch-Controlled-Floodlight/3136837";>https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-2-25-in-LED-Gray-Switch-Controlled-Floodlight/3136837</a>

Is there any way to extend the part with the threaded end?  Through
some bad planning, one of the lights is blocked by the gutter
downspout.  I would like to extend it out from there.  If the wires
need to be longer I can figure out how to do that.  Whatever I do
will have to be suitable for outdoor use.  Moving the downspout would
be difficult.  I can also relocate the whole light, but some sort of
extension arm would be the quickest and easiest solution of it is
possible.  Thanks.

-Steve T.

</pre>

--------------uC7UKNmg9SRVIzy01WcfhKXX--