Re: [Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem

To: Matt <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 11:05:44 -0400
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net

--00000000000088fbf606185739d9

My pressure washer is electric, but I assume the plumbing is similar.  If I
take the wand off, water will flow through the machine and the pump.  I
would first remove the tip, being careful to avoid any residual pressure.
Pull the trigger and see what comes out with the supply hose connected.
Then work your way back to the pump.

Also try removing the spark plug and see if it will turn over that way.

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:51=E2=80=AFAM Matt <mbarre@juno.com> wrote:

> I cranked up the old pressure washer this weekend and it ran great, till
> it quit. It is an old Karcher G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours o=
> it. My wife was washing the deck, she put down the gun to reposition and
> when she went to resume it bogged down and quit. I was summoned to restar=
> and find it is very hard to turn the motor over via the pull cord, I figu=
re
> there is residual pressure on the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun
> but nothing comes out.  Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a
> trigger failure?
>
> I am stumped.  Any guidance or ideas?
> TIA!

--00000000000088fbf606185739d9

is similar.=C2=A0 If I take the wand off, water will flow through the=C2=A0=
machine and the pump.=C2=A0 I would first remove the tip, being careful to =
avoid any residual pressure.=C2=A0 Pull the trigger and see what comes out =
with the supply hose connected.=C2=A0 Then work your way=C2=A0back to the p=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:51=E2=80=AFAM Matt &lt;=
left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I cranked up the old pres=
sure washer this weekend and it ran great, till it quit. It is an old Karch=
er G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours on it. My wife was washing the=
 deck, she put down the gun to reposition and when she went to resume it bo=
gged down and quit. I was summoned to restart and find it is very hard to t=
urn the motor over via the pull cord, I figure there is residual pressure o=
n the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun but nothing comes out.=C2=A0 =
Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a trigger failure?<br>
I am stumped.=C2=A0 Any guidance or ideas?<br>
TIA!<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=