Re: [Shop-talk] left the light on? (One more to think about.)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] left the light on? (One more to think about.)
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 22:21:55 +0000 s=protonmail3; t=1674253323; x=1674512523; bh=kqsXtwiLeTuHKSzUsLo3iQl8KMPbJJUHYRjvP6ITKBI=; h=Date:To:From:Subject:Message-ID:Feedback-ID:From:To:Cc:Date: Subject:Reply-To:Feedback-ID:Message-ID:BIMI-Selector; b=k0qE9XliLdNjqCNLoCrF4WZTkUgeRu1wGsNjMjZEJ4m/YZ84jh4jmAtyHeHJ+j5gQ UhuUP/vjMXiqoUmAFOIbNDMqcyLKS9A+idrg7Ozuz+1m8TNjGufmfrAdxFAhWLlZNe KB3aK6auS2jG3nYt0LoW2WBAuRQm9BrsWI/Grh0aKZQNMb8c7n5BO6FYd2i8N9ursn 1ZQruf92bxhRZrY5dyGIZZB5nXq0tDJb3sCm8WzTJZ57TWM3ezyGRivreXAow/JaAq 2FWdwvexG+PirgksHt+/ei5PrtRXFEnjLoz5/ICmLYoUqduSPtg3ZJ1WKHTPHv/G9S IG5LYDRJIs0vA==
Feedback-id: 21814894:user:proton
Have you considered putting a current transformer on the power feed to
the shop/garage? Something like https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11005
connected to LEDs? (This could work that there are not too many other
loads on the line. This particular current transformer has a 2000:1
ratio, so several turns of the feed would be needed to sense a lamps-on
condition. (e.g. 10A of lamps would require 3 turns feed wire to create
15mA of LED indicator current.)

HTH,
Donald.