Re: [Shop-talk] Good quality garden hose

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Good quality garden hose
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:29:22 -0700

--------------JNjt1vDHCV00xbyO8b9QP3hZ

IMO, rubber is the way to go (I have to drag several long hoses around
to water a large yard). The plastic ones get stiff as <insert favorite
analogy here> in the cold, kink easily and eventually crack. Rubber
isn't perfect; it can kink if you abuse it and will eventually
deteriorate, turning your hands black, but will work for a decade or
more and the fittings are usually more robust. Unfortunately, as the
plastic ones are so much cheaper--all some people care about--rubber
hoses are getting harder to find, but I've bought several Craftsmen
brand off Amazon over the years.

On 3/28/2022 11:46 AM, Brian and Wendy Warrick wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality garden hose that
> won't kink and last more than a couple of years? I need to replace one
> that was done at the end of last fall. I have one that is a seafoam
> green color with the word "contractor" imprinted on it, but I have
> been unable to find it online. I bought it at Costco probably 15 years
> ago and it has been a great hose.
>
> Cost isn't really an issue. I am looking for good quality.
>
> Thanks
> Brian Warrick
> Nampa, ID

--------------JNjt1vDHCV00xbyO8b9QP3hZ

  <head>
  </head>
    IMO, rubber is the way to go (I have to drag several long hoses
    around to water a large yard). The plastic ones get stiff as
    &lt;insert favorite analogy here&gt; in the cold, kink easily and
    eventually crack. Rubber isn't perfect; it can kink if you abuse it
    and will eventually deteriorate, turning your hands black, but will
    work for a decade or more and the fittings are usually more robust.
    Unfortunately, as the plastic ones are so much cheaper--all some
    people care about--rubber hoses are getting harder to find, but I've
    bought several Craftsmen brand off Amazon over the years.<br>
      Warrick wrote:<br>
cite="mid:MW2PR07MB3978C83523605EDCDA0E3566BB1D9@MW2PR07MB3978.namprd07.prod.outlook.com">
{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality garden hose
        that won't kink and last more than a couple of years? I need to
        replace one that was done at the end of last fall. I have one
        that is a seafoam green color with the word "contractor"
        imprinted on it, but I have been unable to find it online. I
        bought it at Costco probably 15 years ago and it has been a
        great hose.</div>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Cost isn't really an issue. I am looking for good quality.</div>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Thanks</div>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">