Re: [Shop-talk] blast cabinet issue

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] blast cabinet issue
From: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com> 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.425,18.0.572,17.11.62.513.0000000 definitions=2022-01-14_01:2022-01-14_01,2020-02-14_11,2021-12-02_01 signatures=0 mlxlogscore=999 suspectscore=0 phishscore=0 mlxscore=0 spamscore=0 malwarescore=0 bulkscore=0 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2009150000 definitions=main-2202100110
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:54:33 -0600
I have a similar problem with an Eastwoods table top cabinet. I'm using
coal slag from Tractor Supply. I find that the slope of the cabinet
bottom is not steep enough to recycle the slag well. When I see that
there is less media than I expect, I put my finger over the nozzle &
blip the trigger, causing any media in the hose & around the pickup to
blow backwards, then settle down. I am then able to blast for a few more
minutes, until it happens again. I also use a 60 gallon single stage
compressor. Here in central Texas it is quite humid most of the time so
I use a small in line water separator at the inlet to the cabinet. I
should buy a larger one but haven't gotten around to it. If I am doing a
lot of blasting I need to empty it about every 15 minutes, even though I
empty the water out of the tank & drip legs at each startup.

Peace,

Pat