Re: [Shop-talk] Power lift hatches

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Power lift hatches
From: Eric Russell <ejrussell61@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 17:03:25 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--00000000000093fb3e05c96311a7

https://youtu.be/znnJrlpku-U

--
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

--00000000000093fb3e05c96311a7

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 4:57 PM Jeff Scarbrough &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fishp=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;=
border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex=
"><div dir=3D"auto">I&#39;ve been thinking about this and looking at the st=
ruts on our Subaru.=C2=A0 Some important things:=C2=A0 you can move it inde=
pendently of the motor operation, but it will try to move by motor if you d=
o that; it can be set to a &quot;preferred&quot; height based on key used o=
 of drive wheel on the rod, and a stepper motor of some sort to drive it.</=
zero point?=C2=A0 It might be educational to disconnect the hatch end and o=
perate it unloaded.=C2=A0 See if it stutters then, and verify the hinges th=
"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Aug 12, 2021, 16:35  &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:jblair1948@cox.net"; target=3D"_blank">jblair1948@cox.net</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px=
 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);bor=
der-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

 =20
  =20
=20
 2018 Ford Escape with the power lift hatch. A couple of weeks ago she went=
 someplace and had the load something in the back of her car. She told them=
, &quot;Don&#39;t close the hatch, I will close it from in here!&quot; Well=
 guess what, they tried to close the hatch. After that her hatch has had al=
l kind of problems, not opening correctly/completely, not closing correctly=
, etc. She tried to pull the fuse to &quot;reset&quot; the controller for t=
he power hatch.</p>
hey work&quot;, &quot;troubleshooting power lift hatches&quot;, etc. to no =
avail.</p>
 these power lift hatches?</p>
 I did find an excellent video on linear actuactors and controlling them. B=
ut a linear actuactor is basically a long screw and a nut. As the screw tur=
ns the nut moves either up or down.</p>
iden. And I&#39;d assume that it would bend<br>either the hinges on the hat=
ch or the actual hatch itself. And I can&#39;t believe that a manufacturer =
would build something like that into a car. Every one is used to pulling do=
wn on a hatch or a trunk. So it seems to me that having someone helping you=
 load your car with anything is likely to try and manually close your hatch=
/trunk.</p>
ey are? Untill my neighbor desides to replace hers, I don&#39;t have one to=
 cut open and look inside. :)</p>
lank">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</=
a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
alk/fishplate@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/fishplate@gmail.com</a><br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
alk/ejrussell61@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/ejrussell61@gmail.com</a><br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Eric Russell<div>Mebane, NC</di=
v></div></div>

--00000000000093fb3e05c96311a7--

--===============3963057225583399492==

--===============3963057225583399492==--