[Top] [All Lists]

[Shop-talk] Tool for getting frozen nuts loose

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool for getting frozen nuts loose
From: "John T. Blair" <> 48o8KEjC6uFyh3ndVTOIOUyZTJ7jVCHpYN8g/JVb1sFeLglj8/6EtBGvp0K4HY+fhcwwtdk18EHcRYDrPNZg/CzhI57x4JJ7y68=
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:37:24 -0400
Authentication-results:; auth=pass (LOGIN) a=vytuAFhf8Npo5rJvX1IL5Q==:117 a=vytuAFhf8Npo5rJvX1IL5Q==:17 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=kviXuzpPAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=q6SfDYXhAAAA:8 a=_6GpL_ENAAAA:8 a=kys2UyXWj07vxxawFQMA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=aav4MXMyVXkA:10 a=4zxjrV59PHAA:10 a=bz_d9vehOyUA:10 a=qrIFiuKZe2vaD64auk6j:22 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=R7nWeq4dleIJhz-CJ_3q:22

Was just talking to a friend on the phone about all kind of things and
working on rusted items.  I was telling him about 2 tools I've seen, but I
can't remember what they are called.  So I thought someone here would
maybe know what I'm talking about.

1. Is a tool that I've seen you put over a nuts, like a manifold nut, and it
uses some sort of magnetic / rf energy to break the item loose.

2. Is neat tool that will let you actually burn a broken bolt out of 
say an engine block.

Anyone know what either or both of these are called?  I want to find a
video of them to send to my friend.


John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic


If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>