[Shop-talk] Automatic Transmission Question

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Automatic Transmission Question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:21:53 -0400 06/08/2021 01:21:54 PM, Serialize complete at 06/08/2021 01:21:54 PM
--===============6474683455732276832==

--=_alternative 005F6311852586EE_=

G'day all,
Quick question, I have a buddy that drives his automatic transmission like
a manual.  He shifts going up and down hill, even shifts into neutral at
stop lights.

While I guess it can't hurt anything, I know it is totally unnecessary.
But, can it do damage?
is there any problem with him doing this?  If so, I would love to show him
some information if it will cause problems.

Thanks.

Moose
--=_alternative 005F6311852586EE_=

drives his automatic transmission like a manual. &nbsp;He shifts going
up and down hill, even shifts into neutral at stop lights.</font>
I know it is totally unnecessary. &nbsp;But, can it do damage?</font>
this? &nbsp;If so, I would love to show him some information if it will
cause problems.</font>

--===============6474683455732276832==--