[Shop-talk] Driveway Motion alarm question

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Driveway Motion alarm question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:21:47 -0400 05/12/2021 11:21:48 AM, Serialize complete at 05/12/2021 11:21:48 AM
--===============8159046869888635147==

--=_alternative 00546486852586D3_=

I have a driveway motion alarm that has work well for years.  Recently, I
had work on the house and had to move it.

Now, I get a lot of false alarms on sunny days.  It's (I believe) an
infrared system.  The sensor just puts out a beam and does not require a
reflector.

The new location is slight higher (about 1') than the old location and
moved down a bit.  I can't put it back in the old location do to the
changes.

If I put the sensor indoors, it works perfectly.  It also works perfectly
at night or during rain.

The side opposite the sensor is a slight hill with grass.  I have
completely removed all the grass to make sure that wasn't setting it off.

It seems to get false alarms for about an hour during midday on sunny
days.

So it seems the sun as something to do with it, but what?  Any ideas I can
try to stop the false alarms?

Thanks.

Moose
--=_alternative 00546486852586D3_=

work well for years. &nbsp;Recently, I had work on the house and had to
move it.</font>
sunny days. &nbsp;It's (I believe) an infrared system. &nbsp;The sensor
just puts out a beam and does not require a reflector.</font>
1') than the old location and moved down a bit. &nbsp;I can't put it back
in the old location do to the changes.</font>
perfectly. &nbsp;It also works perfectly at night or during rain.</font>
hill with grass. &nbsp;I have completely removed all the grass to make
sure that wasn't setting it off.</font>
an hour during midday on sunny days.</font>
do with it, but what? &nbsp;Any ideas I can try to stop the false alarms?</font>

--===============8159046869888635147==--