[Shop-talk] Parts annoyance

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Parts annoyance
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 14:48:10 -0500
I was working on a Ford e450 with a giant parasitic draw. (6+ amps , key off).
Tracked the problem down to the pcm not shutting down, because the instrument
panel computer didnâ??t tell it was in park. (Why does the pcm trust the
transmission for everything but park?)  the failed part, a switch connected to
the shift interlocking, is $20, but not available until â??June or July â??.
Turns out the switch actually works, but some knuckle head plugged it in wrong
and bent the pins. I took the connector apart, straightened the pins enough to
plug it in and then reassembled the connector.  Everything works, but it feels
hackish. (Less hackish than the backup
Plan to solder it together, I guess?).