Re: [Shop-talk] mini-split or window unit ?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] mini-split or window unit ?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:12:37 -0400 04/20/2021 01:12:38 PM, Serialize complete at 04/20/2021 01:12:38 PM
--===============6114736290992727154==

--=_alternative 005E899E852586BD_=

Mike, last march I installed a mini-split in my bedroom.  It was
professionally sourced and installed (Carrer)

I LOVE that thing.  While it was only sized for my bedroom, I can cool the
entire upstairs with it and even provide cooling for the downstairs.

So, I looked at my shop (2600SQFT) and thought I could put one in there.

I bought one from Walmart (the largest one I could find) and installed it
myself.   It is a really easy deal.  I did have a buddy help me with the
vacuum lines when i was done.
 Now I will never consider a window mount unit, EVER!  I had them in there
for years, super loud, poor cooling (and a blast fan), terrible
inefficent.  Not to mention couldn't really seal the window from incects.
Also, the need to put it in and take it out all the time.  No more.

I'm a mini split convert.

The ONLY downside, is that if it is a nice cool day outside, they can't
blow that air in the house.  But I can use another fan for those times.

Enjoy!

Moose

--=_alternative 005E899E852586BD_=

in my bedroom. &nbsp;It was professionally sourced and installed (Carrer)</font>
only sized for my bedroom, I can cool the entire upstairs with it and even
provide cooling for the downstairs.</font>
thought I could put one in there.</font>
I bought one from Walmart (the largest one I could find) and installed
it myself. &nbsp; It is a really easy deal. &nbsp;I did have a buddy help
me with the vacuum lines when i was done.</font>
mount unit, EVER! &nbsp;I had them in there for years, super loud, poor
cooling (and a blast fan), terrible inefficent. &nbsp;Not to mention couldn't
really seal the window from incects. &nbsp;Also, the need to put it in
and take it out all the time. &nbsp;No more.</font>
I'm a mini split convert.</font>
a nice cool day outside, they can't blow that air in the house. &nbsp;But
I can use another fan for those times.</font>

--===============6114736290992727154==--